BJP announces candidates on legislative council seats
Patna: Former RJD leader Nawal Kishore Yadav was among eight candidates nominated by the BJP to contest the legislative council seats, the polling for which will be held on March 20 next, a party leader said on Friday.
Yadav, a sitting MLC, will contest from his traditional Patna (teacher) seat, while Vyakatesh Sharma alias Dablu has been fielded from Patna (graduate) seat, according to the state unit BJP president Mangal Pandey.
Former JD(U) leader Chandrama Singh, who had joined the BJP last week, has been given go ahead to contest from Saran (teacher) seat, while NK Yadav has been fielded from Koshi (graduate) seat.
The BJP has given tickets to Brahmdev Singh Yadav and Suresh Rai to contest Darbhanga (graduate) and Darbhanga (teacher) seats, while Narendra Prasad has been asked to contest on Tirhut (teacher) seat and Ram Kumar Singh has been fielded on Tirhut (graduates) seat.
The polling and counting of votes for the eight legislative council seats will take place on March 20 next, the election department sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees