BJP announces candidates on legislative council seats
Patna: Former RJD leader Nawal Kishore Yadav was among eight candidates nominated by the BJP to contest the legislative council seats, the polling for which will be held on March 20 next, a party leader said on Friday.
Yadav, a sitting MLC, will contest from his traditional Patna (teacher) seat, while Vyakatesh Sharma alias Dablu has been fielded from Patna (graduate) seat, according to the state unit BJP president Mangal Pandey.
Former JD(U) leader Chandrama Singh, who had joined the BJP last week, has been given go ahead to contest from Saran (teacher) seat, while NK Yadav has been fielded from Koshi (graduate) seat.
The BJP has given tickets to Brahmdev Singh Yadav and Suresh Rai to contest Darbhanga (graduate) and Darbhanga (teacher) seats, while Narendra Prasad has been asked to contest on Tirhut (teacher) seat and Ram Kumar Singh has been fielded on Tirhut (graduates) seat.
The polling and counting of votes for the eight legislative council seats will take place on March 20 next, the election department sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan