BJP announces candidates on legislative council seats
Patna: Former RJD leader Nawal Kishore Yadav was among eight candidates nominated by the BJP to contest the legislative council seats, the polling for which will be held on March 20 next, a party leader said on Friday.
Yadav, a sitting MLC, will contest from his traditional Patna (teacher) seat, while Vyakatesh Sharma alias Dablu has been fielded from Patna (graduate) seat, according to the state unit BJP president Mangal Pandey.
Former JD(U) leader Chandrama Singh, who had joined the BJP last week, has been given go ahead to contest from Saran (teacher) seat, while NK Yadav has been fielded from Koshi (graduate) seat.
The BJP has given tickets to Brahmdev Singh Yadav and Suresh Rai to contest Darbhanga (graduate) and Darbhanga (teacher) seats, while Narendra Prasad has been asked to contest on Tirhut (teacher) seat and Ram Kumar Singh has been fielded on Tirhut (graduates) seat.
The polling and counting of votes for the eight legislative council seats will take place on March 20 next, the election department sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!