BJP asking support for Feb 28 agitation an afterthought: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday termed as `after thought` the BJP`s decision to support his call `Bihar bandh` in return of his support to their `rail roko` agitation to protest against the Centre`s discriminatory approach on special category status to the state.
"BJP`s call (for rail roko on February 28) is an after thought. After I made an appeal to all parties and the people to observe a bandh on March two to protest against the UPA government`s discriminatory approach by denying special category status to Bihar while announcing it for Seemandhra overnight, they (BJP) gave a call for agitation," Kumar told reporters here.
"Their`s is a party programme and they are free to do that. But, my appeal for the March two bandh is for the people and all parties," he said.
Kumar also attacked the Centre saying "the manner in which the Prime Minister announced a special package and special category status for Seemandhra it`s clear that whenever and whatever they wish they can do."
He questioned what stopped the Centre from giving special category status and a package to Bihar "when Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his budget speech in 2013, the economic survey and Raghuram Rajan committee had recommended it".
Earlier, senior BJP leader Sushil Modi said "the issue is the same. So if the CM and his party JD(U) support BJP`s `rail roko` on February 28, the party will also join his March two `Bihar bandh` to protest against the Centre`s discriminatory approach on special category status."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof