BJP asking support for February 28 agitation an afterthought: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday termed as `after thought` the BJP`s decision to support his call `Bihar bandh` in return of his support to their `rail roko` agitation to protest against the Centre`s discriminatory approach on special category status to the state.
"BJP`s call (for rail roko on February 28) is an after thought. After I made an appeal to all parties and the people to observe a bandh on March two to protest against the UPA government`s discriminatory approach by denying special category status to Bihar while announcing it for Seemandhra overnight, they (BJP) gave a call for agitation," Kumar told
"Their`s is a party programme and they are free to do that. But, my appeal for the March two bandh is for the people and all parties," he said.
Kumar also attacked the Centre saying "the manner in which the Prime Minister announced a special package and special category status for Seemandhra it`s clear that whenever and whatever they wish they can do."
He questioned what stopped the Centre from giving special category status and a package to Bihar "when Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his budget speech in 2013, the economic survey and Raghuram Rajan committee had recommended it".
Earlier, senior BJP leader Sushil Modi said "the issue is the same. So if the CM and his party JD(U) support BJP`s `rail roko` on February 28, the party will also join his March two `Bihar bandh` to protest against the Centre`s discriminatory approach on special category status."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor