BJP attacks Nitish for `soft attitude` towards Maoists
Patna: Putting the state government in dock over killing of three policemen by Maoists in Munger, BJP today flayed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his government`s `soft attitude` towards the ultras as a result of which there has been spate in Naxal violence in Bihar recently.
"The killing of three policemen by the Maoists in Sahebganj-Patna Inter City Express near Jamalpur station yesterday has yet again exposed the Nitish Kumar government`s soft attitude towards the ultras," former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi said in a statement.
The latest incident of Naxal violence has taken place soon after the central government and the intelligence agencies have censured the state government in a report and blamed its soft attitude for spurt in such activities in Bihar in recent times, he said.
The Maoists have appeared to have seized the state government`s lack of resolve to crackdown on them to intensify their activities and they have put up posters in villages in Arwal, Jehanabad and Patna districts threatening to eliminate those political leaders opposed to them, Modi said.
Alleging that an atmosphere of fear and terror has gripped Bihar in the past five months due to cumulative increase in Naxal activities and other crimes, the former deputy chief minister reminded the Chief Minister about his responsibility to ensure a peaceful law and order situation in his capacity as the home minister.
Modi also attacked the ruling JD(U) for roping in politicians of criminal and tainted background recently which, he claimed, has adversely affected law and order situation in Bihar.
He also condemned murder of a doctor and a trader in the state capital in the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price