BJP creates ruckus in Bihar Assembly
Patna: Opposition BJP Wednesday created ruckus in Bihar Assembly over denial of chance to one of its members to ask a question in the House.
BJP members were on their feet right protesting the police lathicharge on fixed pay teachers yesterday.
In the ensuing din the Speaker, who read out names of BJP MLA Achutanand for asking his short notice question, could not spot him and proceeded to the next item on the business.
When the member insisted he was very much present in the House and even stood up to ask the question, the Speaker said since the House has moved to another question he could not be given a second chance.
On this the BJP members trooped into the well and protested.
BJP Chief Whip Arun Kumar Sinha and Binod Narayan Jha urged the chair to allow the member to ask question.
Jha said if the Chair did not give chance to ask question, BJP members would think justice has not been done with them.
Senior minister Vijay Chaudhary said the government has no problem in answering questions of the opposition but a rule is rule.
With BJP members refusing to withdraw, the Speaker adjourned the question for a future date which satisfied them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic