BJP creates ruckus in Bihar legislature over police firing
Patna: Opposition BJP created ruckus in both Houses of Bihar legislature on Monday over the killing of two persons, including a woman, in police firing in Aurangabad on a mob protesting alleged misbehaviour of security forces during an anti-Maoist search operation.
As soon as the Assembly sat for the day, Leader of Opposition Nand Kishore Yadav demanded that the Speaker suspend all business and discuss the Saturday police firing in Aurangabad.
When Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary asked him to raise the question at an appropriate time and not disturb the question hour, BJP members trooped into well of the House and raised anti-government slogans.
As all efforts to persuade them failed, the Speaker first adjourned the House till 12 pm and later till 2 pm.
The scene was similar in the Legislative Council where after rejection of adjournment notice of Rajnish Kumar over the issue, the BJP members entered into the well and shouted slogans against the government forcing adjournment of the House till 2.30 pm.
Later, Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council Sushil Kumar Modi told reporters that BJP demands judicial inquiry into the incident and Rs 10 lakh compensation to the families of two persons killed in the firing.
Alleging police high-handedness, Modi said out of the 16 arrested two are standard seven students.
"Police firing in Rohtas and now in Aurangabad prove that here is no control of government over police," he added.
Yadav told reporters that a BJP team under Gaya Lok Sabha member Hari Manjhi visited Aurangabad during the day to gather first hand account of the incident.
On Bihar police pointing fingers on CRPF for the Aurangabad firing, he said it was common knowledge that central forces do not act without the state police.
When BJP women members stopped Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, he said that a principal secretary rank officer and the Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Gupeteshwar Pandey have been going to Aurangabad to probe the incident.
Minister in-charge for Home Department Vijay Chaudhary talking to reporters accused BJP of politicising the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon