BJP demands strong action against Maoist activities in Bihar
Patna: Expressing concern over the upsurge in Maoist activities in Bihar, former deputy chief minister and BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday asked the JD(U) government to renounce `live and let live` attitude and crack down on the ultras.
The Maoists have stepped up violence in Bihar. They blew up railway track between Paraiya and Guraru stations in Gaya district disrupting movements of trains two days ago, he said in a statement.
As many as 25,000 passengers travelling by a dozen trains spent a terrifying night in their respective trains and praying for their safety, Modi said.
The Maoist attack in Gaya district was not an isolated one as they attacked a CRPF camp office and a construction company site in Lakhisarai district torching a vehicle and taking away two persons as hostage, the former deputy Chief Minister said adding the two incidents in Lakhisarai district took place within a fortnight.
In a related incident, the armed Maoists stormed another road construction site under Goh police station area in Aurangabad district and killed six persons, including three SAP jawans, Modi, a senior Bihar BJP leader said.
All these incidents have taken place in the past 45 days with the ultras`s emboldened attitude indicating that they have no fear of law or the state police, he said.
Under the circumstances, the state government should renounce its `live and let live` policy towards the Maoists and step up its drive against the ultras for which the BJP was ready to extend all out support to the government, Modi said adding otherwise Bihar could face a similar situation that prevails in neighbouring Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state