BJP disrupts Bihar Assembly, wants CBI probe in Patna blasts
Patna: The Bihar Assembly proceedings were disrupted Thursday by the opposition BJP which demanded CBI probe into the Patna serial blasts ahead of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally on October 27.
The Assembly was adjourned till 2.30 pm after the ruckus in the morning.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader Nand Kishore Yadav said: "We are demanding a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) probe into security lapses that led to the serial blasts."
He blamed the state government for the blasts on October 27 at the Patna railway station and the Gandhi Maidan where Modi`s rally was later held that day.
"Terrorists were deliberately provided opportunity to trigger blasts," he claimed.
At least six people were killed and nearly 100 injured in the serial blasts in Patna.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) is probing into the Patna serial blasts. Some suspects, including accused Mohammad Imtiaz Ansari, have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside