BJP disrupts Bihar Assembly, wants CBI probe in Patna blasts
Patna: The Bihar Assembly proceedings were disrupted Thursday by the opposition BJP which demanded CBI probe into the Patna serial blasts ahead of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally on October 27.
The Assembly was adjourned till 2.30 pm after the ruckus in the morning.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader Nand Kishore Yadav said: "We are demanding a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) probe into security lapses that led to the serial blasts."
He blamed the state government for the blasts on October 27 at the Patna railway station and the Gandhi Maidan where Modi`s rally was later held that day.
"Terrorists were deliberately provided opportunity to trigger blasts," he claimed.
At least six people were killed and nearly 100 injured in the serial blasts in Patna.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) is probing into the Patna serial blasts. Some suspects, including accused Mohammad Imtiaz Ansari, have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand