BJP diverting people`s attention from real issues: Nitish Kumar
Patna: The BJP is diverting the country`s attention from real issues like price rise and corruption, and is "pushing its own agenda by projecting a leader not acceptable to all", Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Monday.
"BJP has diverted the attention of the country from real issues like price rise and corruption by pushing its old agenda," Nitish Kumar told media persons here.
He said it was the Bharatiya Janata Party that created hurdles for a united opposition against the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) before the next General Elections.
"Only BJP is responsible for it as it insisted on pushing its own agenda by projecting a leader not acceptable to all," he said, without naming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi who has been anointed the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Nitish Kumar said the BJP will not benefit from it.
Nitish Kumar snapped ties with the BJP in Bihar June 16 this year after Modi was made the BJP`s campaign committee chief for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The Bihar chief minister targeted Modi, saying that he has already sidelined senior BJP leader LK Advani.
Responding to Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad`s allegation that Nitish Kumar is dividing secular vote to help the BJP in the general elections, Nitish Kumar said that Lalu Prasad and the BJP have joined hands against Janata Dal-United government in Bihar.
"There is an internal alliance between Lalu and BJP to damage us," Nitish Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened