BJP equates Nitish`s `soft attitude` to Maoists with RJD`s
Patna: Expressing concern over the sharp rise in Maoist attack in the state recently, the BJP on Tuesday charged Bihar`s JD(U) government with following in footsteps of the previous RJD dispensation in adopting a `soft` attitude towards the ultras for votes.
The RJD had neither acted tough against private militias nor the Maoists for electoral benefits and the incumbent JD(U) government too has been pursuing an identical `soft` attitude towards them for seeking votes in next year`s Lok Sabha polls, former deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said in a statement.
Observing that Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has rightly rebuked the state government for its `soft` attitude towards the Maoists in the wake of spate in Naxal violence in Bihar, he criticised Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his party leaders for going all out against Shinde to the extent that the JD(U) MPs tried to disrupt Parliament.
Seeking to justify his allegations of quid pro quo between the state government and the Maoists, Modi said that the ultras put up posters in several districts of the state and Jharkhand recently and threatened to eliminate former BJP ministers, including him leaving out JD(U) leaders and ministers.
Contrary to providing additional security to the former BJP ministers, including himself, facing threat from the Maoists, the state government has reduced security to them after they ceased to be ministers, Modi said while expressing concern about safety of those leaders named in the hit list released by the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'