BJP finds alternative venue for Rajnath function
Patna: After denial of permission by the Bihar government to hold the function of BJP chief Rajnath Singh at a school ground here, the party on Saturday finalised an alternative venue at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium here for the June 23 programme.
"We have finalised to hold the function of Rajnath Singh at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium at Gardanibagh," state BJP President Mangal Pandey said.
The Education department had denied permission to the BJP national president to address workers meeting at Miller school ground.
Pandey had criticised the Nitish Kumar government for, what it termed as an "uncharitable" action for not allowing the BJP to hold its scheduled function at Miller School ground, saying the JD(U) had used the same ground for its Adhikar rally in November last year.
He had said such action was against coalition dharma and not healthy for democracy. The Miller school ground is adjacent to state JD(U) headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India