BJP finds alternative venue for Rajnath function
Patna: After denial of permission by the Bihar government to hold the function of BJP chief Rajnath Singh at a school ground here, the party on Saturday finalised an alternative venue at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium here for the June 23 programme.
"We have finalised to hold the function of Rajnath Singh at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium at Gardanibagh," state BJP President Mangal Pandey said.
The Education department had denied permission to the BJP national president to address workers meeting at Miller school ground.
Pandey had criticised the Nitish Kumar government for, what it termed as an "uncharitable" action for not allowing the BJP to hold its scheduled function at Miller School ground, saying the JD(U) had used the same ground for its Adhikar rally in November last year.
He had said such action was against coalition dharma and not healthy for democracy. The Miller school ground is adjacent to state JD(U) headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy