BJP finds alternative venue for Rajnath function
Patna: After denial of permission by the Bihar government to hold the function of BJP chief Rajnath Singh at a school ground here, the party on Saturday finalised an alternative venue at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium here for the June 23 programme.
"We have finalised to hold the function of Rajnath Singh at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium at Gardanibagh," state BJP president Mangal Pandey told a news agency.
The Education department had denied permission to the BJP national president to address workers meeting at Miller school ground.
Pandey had criticised the Nitish Kumar government for, what it termed as an "uncharitable" action for not allowing the BJP to hold its scheduled function at Miller School ground, saying the JD(U) had used the same ground for its Adhikar rally in November last year.
He had said such action was against coalition dharma and not healthy for democracy.
The Miller school ground is adjacent to state JD(U) headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand