BJP finds alternative venue for Rajnath function
Patna: After denial of permission by the Bihar government to hold the function of BJP chief Rajnath Singh at a school ground here, the party on Saturday finalised an alternative venue at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium here for the June 23 programme.
"We have finalised to hold the function of Rajnath Singh at Sanjay Gandhi Stadium at Gardanibagh," state BJP president Mangal Pandey told a news agency.
The Education department had denied permission to the BJP national president to address workers meeting at Miller school ground.
Pandey had criticised the Nitish Kumar government for, what it termed as an "uncharitable" action for not allowing the BJP to hold its scheduled function at Miller School ground, saying the JD(U) had used the same ground for its Adhikar rally in November last year.
He had said such action was against coalition dharma and not healthy for democracy.
The Miller school ground is adjacent to state JD(U) headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey