BJP forces House adjournment over law and order situation
Patna: An aggressive BJP on Tuesday forced adjournment of the Bihar Legislative Assembly on the deteriorating law and order condition in the state.
As the House sat for the day, Leader of Opposition Nand Kishore Yadav rose from his seat and asked the Chair to first take the party members adjournment notice on law and order condition in the state.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary asked the principle opposition members to let the House take up Question Hour and said the issue raised by them would be discussed later on.
BJP member Ashwani Choubey and Vinod Narayan Jha had given notice of adjournment over deteriorating crime situation in the state in the past seven months after they had left the government.
The BJP members were in no mood to relent and they trooped into well of the House and started shouting anti-government and anti-Chief Minister slogans.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in the House at that time and after all persuasions by the Chair failed to move the BJP members, the Speaker adjourned the House till 12:30 PM.
When the House reassembled, the opposition leader again raised the issue of adjournment notices.
On this, the Speaker said the two notices have been rejected as they were not found valid as per rules of the House. He further said that he has called a meeting of Business Advisory committee of the House later in the day which calmed the protesting BJP members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor