BJP forces House adjournment over law and order situation
Patna: An aggressive BJP on Tuesday forced adjournment of the Bihar Legislative Assembly on the deteriorating law and order condition in the state.
As the House sat for the day, Leader of Opposition Nand Kishore Yadav rose from his seat and asked the Chair to first take the party members adjournment notice on law and order condition in the state.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary asked the principle opposition members to let the House take up Question Hour and said the issue raised by them would be discussed later on.
BJP member Ashwani Choubey and Vinod Narayan Jha had given notice of adjournment over deteriorating crime situation in the state in the past seven months after they had left the government.
The BJP members were in no mood to relent and they trooped into well of the House and started shouting anti-government and anti-Chief Minister slogans.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in the House at that time and after all persuasions by the Chair failed to move the BJP members, the Speaker adjourned the House till 12:30 PM.
When the House reassembled, the opposition leader again raised the issue of adjournment notices.
On this, the Speaker said the two notices have been rejected as they were not found valid as per rules of the House. He further said that he has called a meeting of Business Advisory committee of the House later in the day which calmed the protesting BJP members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing