BJP forms five-member committee to probe Moradabad incident
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh BJP on Friday constituted a five-member committee of its MLAs for a detailed probe into the violence and detention of its legislators in Kanth area in Moradabad district.
UP BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai alleged that to crush agitation by the people police resorted to cane-charge leading to a clash in which persons from both the sides were injured.
"For a detailed inquiry into the incident, a five-member committee headed by MLA Suresh Khanna has been constituted," the spokesman said.
Other members of the committee include MLAs Dharampal Singh, Lokendra Singh Chauhan, Suresh Rana and Arun Saxena, he said.
The committee would soon visit the area, conduct a detailed probe into the incident and submit report to the state president, the spokesman said.
BJP leaders had called a `mahapanchayat` in Kanth area today which turned violent. BJP leaders including four MPs, and an MLA who was accused in the Muzaffarnagar riots were detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur