BJP forms five-member committee to probe Moradabad incident
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh BJP on Friday constituted a five-member committee of its MLAs for a detailed probe into the violence and detention of its legislators in Kanth area in Moradabad district.
UP BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai alleged that to crush agitation by the people police resorted to cane-charge leading to a clash in which persons from both the sides were injured.
"For a detailed inquiry into the incident, a five-member committee headed by MLA Suresh Khanna has been constituted," the spokesman said.
Other members of the committee include MLAs Dharampal Singh, Lokendra Singh Chauhan, Suresh Rana and Arun Saxena, he said.
The committee would soon visit the area, conduct a detailed probe into the incident and submit report to the state president, the spokesman said.
BJP leaders had called a `mahapanchayat` in Kanth area today which turned violent. BJP leaders including four MPs, and an MLA who was accused in the Muzaffarnagar riots were detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!