BJP founder member joins JD-U in Bihar
Patna: Tarakant Jha, former chairman of the Bihar Legislative Council, on Wednesday resigned from the BJP, of which he as a founder member, and joined the ruling Janata Dal-United.
"Yes, I have left the BJP and joined JD-U," Jha, who is also a former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president, told media persons here.
According to a BJP leader close to Jha, he was unhappy and angry with the BJP for the past few months due to the style of functioning of some party leaders.
"Jha felt hurt by the party for having neither given him honour nor respect despite the fact that he spent over five decades with the party, first with the Jana Sangh and later with the BJP," the leader said.
Jha, in his early 80s, joined the JD-U here in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
He is a senior Patna High Court lawyer and played a key role in inclusion of Maithili language in the Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution by submitting 27 lakh signatures to the president.
Jha said he will work to support Nitish Kumar for development of Bihar.
BJP state president Mangal Pandey refused to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000