BJP hits back at Nitish, says he is `drunk with power`
Patna: Bihar BJP on Tuesday hit back at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for scoffing opposition leaders and accused the state government for not claiming arrest of Indian Mujahidden operative Yasin Bhatkal for "political reasons."
"He (Kumar) is drunk with power and is speaking language of his elder brother Lalu Prasad and making fun of others by twisting facts," BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said in a statement reacting to CM`s strong comment on him and the party for targeting Bihar government on Bhatkal`s arrest.
The BJP had blamed the Bihar government for not claiming arrest of Bhatkal and his associate Assadulla Akhtar alias Haddi from Raxual on Indo-Nepal border and failing to interrogate after taking them in custody.
Reacting to this, Nitish had yesterday said it is fashionable to become an expert on any issue without actual knowledge about it.
Modi said that by scoffing opposition leaders, the CM cannot escape answering pertinent questions like why the Bihar government dithered to claim arrest of Bhatkal for "political reasons."
Former Deputy Chief Minister in the NDA government, Modi also criticised Kumar for ridiculing use of micro-blogging website Twitter and social media in politics.
"Like Lalu Prasad who used to say `IT-Whyt` kya hai (What is IT?), Kumar is scoffing twitter by terming it as `chi chi che che`(chirps of birds as per dictionary meaning)," the senior BJP leader said.
"Does not a person who hates Twitter and social media to this extend close the IT department in his government?" Sushil Modi questioned.
He said failing to give satisfactory reply to charges "the CM is making fun of latest medium of communication."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India