BJP immerses Patna blast victims` ashes in Ganga
Patna: Ashes of the victims of the Oct 27 blasts in Patna were immersed in the Ganga here Tuesday by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders.
BJP state president Mangal Pandey said `shahid asthi-kalash yatra` of the blast victims was taken across the state over the past six days.
He said the `yatra` evoked overwhelming response. "It reflected anger against serial blasts and growing support for the BJP," he said.
Last week, the state BJP declared the victims as martyrs.
Pandey said contrary to hue and cry by the BJP`s rivals that yatra will create tension and trouble, it passed off peacefully.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Saturday handed over a cheque of Rs.5 lakh each to the family members of four of the six blast victims.
BJP leaders would hand over the cheques to the kin of the remaining two victims.
Earlier, the Bihar government also announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the victims and Rs.20,000 to nearly 100 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her