BJP Kisanganj LS candidate booked for Rs 1 lakh cash recovery
Kisanganj: BJP Lok Sabha candidate from Kisanganj in Bihar Dilip Kumar Jaiswal has been booked along with four others after Rs one lakh cash was allegedly recovered from a car engaged in his campaign.
An FIR has been registered against Jaiswal and four of his supporters with Tinghal police station after the cash was seized by a mobile team last night, District Magistrate Aditya Kumar Das said.
He said Election Commission has been informed about the seizure and a notice is being served to Jaiswal for lawful action against him.
During a check, a team of district administration comprising Circle Officer (CO) Ashwani Choubey, Block Development Officer (BDO) Akil Anjum and Officer in-charge of Tinghal police station Bharat Bhusan stopped a car near Harwa Danga locality engaged in campaigning for BJP candidate and recovered Rs one lakh cash from the four occupants.
The CO said that some papers of the candidate and a diary comprising details of cash transaction to many individuals were found from the car.
The four have been taken into custody and are being questioned, the CO said.
Jaiswal, who is MLC, has been fielded by BJP against sitting Congress MP Maulana Asrarul Haque.
Kisanganj Lok Sabha seat will go to poll tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued