BJP leader joins JD(U) along with supporters
Patna: Ruling JD(U) in Bihar got a shot in the arm with a rival BJP leader Ramji Das Rishideo joining it along with his supporters on Saturday, party sources said.
Rishideo, a former minister, joined JD(U) in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his official 1 Anne Marg residence, they said.
He was a minister in the first NDA government in Bihar under Nitish Kumar.
However, the BJP had denied ticket to him in the last Assembly Election from Raniganj(SC) seat in Araria district.
State JD(U) president Bashist Narayan Singh, chairman of Mahadalit Commission Uday Kumar Manjhi and party MP RCP Singh were present at the programme.
JD(U) split from its ally BJP about three weeks ago after 17 long years over the question of elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to head that party`s election campaign in the next Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone