BJP leader joins JD(U) along with supporters
Patna: Ruling JD(U) in Bihar got a shot in the arm with a rival BJP leader Ramji Das Rishideo joining it along with his supporters on Saturday, party sources said.
Rishideo, a former minister, joined JD(U) in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his official 1 Anne Marg residence, they said.
He was a minister in the first NDA government in Bihar under Nitish Kumar.
However, the BJP had denied ticket to him in the last Assembly Election from Raniganj(SC) seat in Araria district.
State JD(U) president Bashist Narayan Singh, chairman of Mahadalit Commission Uday Kumar Manjhi and party MP RCP Singh were present at the programme.
JD(U) split from its ally BJP about three weeks ago after 17 long years over the question of elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to head that party`s election campaign in the next Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress