BJP leader joins JD(U) along with supporters
Patna: Ruling JD(U) in Bihar got a shot in the arm with a rival BJP leader Ramji Das Rishideo joining it along with his supporters on Saturday, party sources said.
Rishideo, a former minister, joined JD(U) in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his official 1 Anne Marg residence, they said.
He was a minister in the first NDA government in Bihar under Nitish Kumar.
However, the BJP had denied ticket to him in the last Assembly Election from Raniganj(SC) seat in Araria district.
State JD(U) president Bashist Narayan Singh, chairman of Mahadalit Commission Uday Kumar Manjhi and party MP RCP Singh were present at the programme.
JD(U) split from its ally BJP about three weeks ago after 17 long years over the question of elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to head that party`s election campaign in the next Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq