BJP leader joins JD(U) along with supporters
Patna: Ruling JD(U) in Bihar got a shot in the arm with a rival BJP leader Ramji Das Rishideo joining it along with his supporters on Saturday, party sources said.
Rishideo, a former minister, joined JD(U) in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his official 1 Anne Marg residence, they said.
He was a minister in the first NDA government in Bihar under Nitish Kumar.
However, the BJP had denied ticket to him in the last Assembly Election from Raniganj(SC) seat in Araria district.
State JD(U) president Bashist Narayan Singh, chairman of Mahadalit Commission Uday Kumar Manjhi and party MP RCP Singh were present at the programme.
JD(U) split from its ally BJP about three weeks ago after 17 long years over the question of elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to head that party`s election campaign in the next Lok Sabha polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!