BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Ashok Agrawal was sent to 14 days judicial custody Monday in connection with the killing of an employee in Bihar`s Katihar district, police said.
Agrawal was taken into custody following repeated demands from the victim`s family.
"Agrawal has been sent to judicial custody," Rajesh Kumar, sub-divisional police officer, told a news agency over telephone. Katihar is about 200 km from here.
Dhiraj Mahto was killed last week in the guardroom at the residence-cum-petrol pump of Agrawal, who is also a businessman.
The slain man`s brother, Niraj Mahto, blamed Agrawal for the killing. He said Dhiraj was killed for refusing to return to his construction work site in Araria district.
Agrawal denied the allegation and said Mahto died accidentally. The BJP has suspended Agrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love