BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Ashok Agrawal was sent to 14 days judicial custody Monday in connection with the killing of an employee in Bihar`s Katihar district, police said.
Agrawal was taken into custody following repeated demands from the victim`s family.
"Agrawal has been sent to judicial custody," Rajesh Kumar, sub-divisional police officer, told a news agency over telephone. Katihar is about 200 km from here.
Dhiraj Mahto was killed last week in the guardroom at the residence-cum-petrol pump of Agrawal, who is also a businessman.
The slain man`s brother, Niraj Mahto, blamed Agrawal for the killing. He said Dhiraj was killed for refusing to return to his construction work site in Araria district.
Agrawal denied the allegation and said Mahto died accidentally. The BJP has suspended Agrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'