BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Ashok Agrawal was sent to 14 days judicial custody Monday in connection with the killing of an employee in Bihar`s Katihar district, police said.
Agrawal was taken into custody following repeated demands from the victim`s family.
"Agrawal has been sent to judicial custody," Rajesh Kumar, sub-divisional police officer, told a news agency over telephone. Katihar is about 200 km from here.
Dhiraj Mahto was killed last week in the guardroom at the residence-cum-petrol pump of Agrawal, who is also a businessman.
The slain man`s brother, Niraj Mahto, blamed Agrawal for the killing. He said Dhiraj was killed for refusing to return to his construction work site in Araria district.
Agrawal denied the allegation and said Mahto died accidentally. The BJP has suspended Agrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi