BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Ashok Agrawal was sent to 14 days judicial custody Monday in connection with the killing of an employee in Bihar`s Katihar district, police said.
Agrawal was taken into custody following repeated demands from the victim`s family.
"Agrawal has been sent to judicial custody," Rajesh Kumar, sub-divisional police officer, told a news agency over telephone. Katihar is about 200 km from here.
Dhiraj Mahto was killed last week in the guardroom at the residence-cum-petrol pump of Agrawal, who is also a businessman.
The slain man`s brother, Niraj Mahto, blamed Agrawal for the killing. He said Dhiraj was killed for refusing to return to his construction work site in Araria district.
Agrawal denied the allegation and said Mahto died accidentally. The BJP has suspended Agrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari