BJP members create ruckus in Bihar Assembly over PDS
Patna: BJP members on Monday created a din in the Bihar Assembly protesting against food grains not reaching beneficiaries leading Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary to adjourn the House till the post-lunch session.
At the beginning of the zero hour began, Leader of the Opposition Nandkishore Yadav alleged that the poor were not getting fresh ration cards and did not get food grains in the past five months.
Describing this as a serious matter, Yadav asked the state government to immediately give a reply.
As soon he completed his brief speech, BJP members started shouted slogans against the state government and displayed banners and posters criticising the JD(U) government.
Over a dozen BJP MLAs trooped to the well and started shouting slogans against the state government asking it to provide food grains to the poor.
The Speaker tried to restore order, but the MLAs continued to shout in the well.
Chaudhary tried to go through zero hour and even tried to take up call attention questions, but in the end he adjourned the House till 2:00 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'