BJP members create ruckus in Bihar Assembly over PDS
Patna: BJP members on Monday created a din in the Bihar Assembly protesting against food grains not reaching beneficiaries leading Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary to adjourn the House till the post-lunch session.
At the beginning of the zero hour began, Leader of the Opposition Nandkishore Yadav alleged that the poor were not getting fresh ration cards and did not get food grains in the past five months.
Describing this as a serious matter, Yadav asked the state government to immediately give a reply.
As soon he completed his brief speech, BJP members started shouted slogans against the state government and displayed banners and posters criticising the JD(U) government.
Over a dozen BJP MLAs trooped to the well and started shouting slogans against the state government asking it to provide food grains to the poor.
The Speaker tried to restore order, but the MLAs continued to shout in the well.
Chaudhary tried to go through zero hour and even tried to take up call attention questions, but in the end he adjourned the House till 2:00 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test