BJP MLA and security guards booked in assault case
Darbhanga: A FIR was on Saturday lodged against the BJP MLA Ashok Yadav and his two security guards at Sadar police station in Bihar`s Darbhanga district for assaulting two persons, a police officer said.
Two persons, identified as Sagir and Saddam, have lodged an FIR against Yadav and his two security guards alleging that they were assaulted by the accused persons in Bijli village last night, the Sadar police station in-charge Rashid Parvez said.
In the FIR, the complainants said that they were beaten up by Yadav and his guards who took offence with the duo for overtaking the MLA`s vehicle, he said.
An investigation was going on in the matter, Parvez said.
The BJP MLA from Kewati assembly constituency has trashed the charges of assault against him and security guards and said that the complainants were robbers who had looted a petrol pump in the village and a FIR was lodged by the pump`s manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read