BJP MLA and security guards booked in assault case
Darbhanga: A FIR was on Saturday lodged against the BJP MLA Ashok Yadav and his two security guards at Sadar police station in Bihar`s Darbhanga district for assaulting two persons, a police officer said.
Two persons, identified as Sagir and Saddam, have lodged an FIR against Yadav and his two security guards alleging that they were assaulted by the accused persons in Bijli village last night, the Sadar police station in-charge Rashid Parvez said.
In the FIR, the complainants said that they were beaten up by Yadav and his guards who took offence with the duo for overtaking the MLA`s vehicle, he said.
An investigation was going on in the matter, Parvez said.
The BJP MLA from Kewati assembly constituency has trashed the charges of assault against him and security guards and said that the complainants were robbers who had looted a petrol pump in the village and a FIR was lodged by the pump`s manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion