BJP MLA and security guards booked in assault case
Darbhanga: A FIR was on Saturday lodged against the BJP MLA Ashok Yadav and his two security guards at Sadar police station in Bihar`s Darbhanga district for assaulting two persons, a police officer said.
Two persons, identified as Sagir and Saddam, have lodged an FIR against Yadav and his two security guards alleging that they were assaulted by the accused persons in Bijli village last night, the Sadar police station in-charge Rashid Parvez said.
In the FIR, the complainants said that they were beaten up by Yadav and his guards who took offence with the duo for overtaking the MLA`s vehicle, he said.
An investigation was going on in the matter, Parvez said.
The BJP MLA from Kewati assembly constituency has trashed the charges of assault against him and security guards and said that the complainants were robbers who had looted a petrol pump in the village and a FIR was lodged by the pump`s manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family