BJP MLA chargesheeted in bank dacoity case
Bettiah: A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA was chargesheeted along with four others by a local court on Saturday in a case of bank loot 14 years ago.
Satish Chandra Dubey is the BJP MLA from Narkatiaganj in West Champaran district.
The chargesheet was filed by police against the five in the court of Bagha additional district and sessions court judge.
A case had been lodged by the then bank manager at Bagha police station on May 21, 1999, against Dubey and the others accusing them of allegedly looting Rs 2,57,700 from the bank branch.
They had also allegedly injured a bank guard and snatched his gun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city