BJP MLA slapped with a rape case by a woman in Purnia
Patna: In a major embarrassment to the ruling
coalition partner - the BJP- in Bihar, its senior MLA Raj
Kishore Kesri has been slapped with a rape charge by a woman
teacher, a senior police official said Monday.
The 35-year old teacher of a private school has alleged in
the FIR lodged at Khazanchihat police station in Purnia
district three days ago, that she was raped by the MLA and his
cohorts for more than three years, Purnia Division`s Deputy
Inspector General of Police Amit Kumar said on phone.
The rape charge against Kesri was being investigated by
the Khazanchihat police station in-charge Arvind Kumar, while
the area Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) S S Thakur has
been made the supervising officer in the high profile case, he
While the complainant was unavailable for her comments,
Kesri, the sitting MLA from Purnia assembly constituency,
rubbished the rape charges filed against him saying he was
implicated in a `false` and `baseless` case smacking of a
`political conspiracy` to malign him.
"The rape charge appears to be a handiwork of my
adversaries to mar my prospect in the forthcoming assembly
polls," he said adding that he was optimistic of getting
This is the second time in the past three years that the
BJP MLA`s reputation has come under a cloud after he was
implicated in a similar charges by another woman but was later
given a clean chit by the investigation.
The BJP state leadership has, however, rallied behind the
embattled legislator with the Deputy Chief Minister Sushil
Kumar Modi defending him in public at a function during Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Vishwas Yatra` in Purnia last week.
"The MLA`s character and conduct have been impeccable
during his entire political career,` Modi had said.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister had quitely distanced
himself from Kesri during his Purnia visit and refused to
share the dias with him at the public meeting held in Purnia,
JD(U) sources said.
The BJP MLA, who was seated on the dias, was quitely asked
by the senior officials accompanying Kumar, to vacate the
platform from where the latter was to address a public meeting
in Purnia last week, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!