BJP MLA slapped with a rape case by a woman in Purnia
Patna: In a major embarrassment to the ruling
coalition partner - the BJP- in Bihar, its senior MLA Raj
Kishore Kesri has been slapped with a rape charge by a woman
teacher, a senior police official said Monday.
The 35-year old teacher of a private school has alleged in
the FIR lodged at Khazanchihat police station in Purnia
district three days ago, that she was raped by the MLA and his
cohorts for more than three years, Purnia Division`s Deputy
Inspector General of Police Amit Kumar said on phone.
The rape charge against Kesri was being investigated by
the Khazanchihat police station in-charge Arvind Kumar, while
the area Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) S S Thakur has
been made the supervising officer in the high profile case, he
While the complainant was unavailable for her comments,
Kesri, the sitting MLA from Purnia assembly constituency,
rubbished the rape charges filed against him saying he was
implicated in a `false` and `baseless` case smacking of a
`political conspiracy` to malign him.
"The rape charge appears to be a handiwork of my
adversaries to mar my prospect in the forthcoming assembly
polls," he said adding that he was optimistic of getting
This is the second time in the past three years that the
BJP MLA`s reputation has come under a cloud after he was
implicated in a similar charges by another woman but was later
given a clean chit by the investigation.
The BJP state leadership has, however, rallied behind the
embattled legislator with the Deputy Chief Minister Sushil
Kumar Modi defending him in public at a function during Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Vishwas Yatra` in Purnia last week.
"The MLA`s character and conduct have been impeccable
during his entire political career,` Modi had said.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister had quitely distanced
himself from Kesri during his Purnia visit and refused to
share the dias with him at the public meeting held in Purnia,
JD(U) sources said.
The BJP MLA, who was seated on the dias, was quitely asked
by the senior officials accompanying Kumar, to vacate the
platform from where the latter was to address a public meeting
in Purnia last week, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened