BJP MLC dead
Patna: BJP MLC Virkeshwar Prasad Singh passed away at his residence here early on Thursday, his family sources said.
He was 80.
Singh is survived by his wife and seven daughters.
He represented Koshi graduates constituency in the state legislative council for two terms and was set to retire in May this year upon completion of his second term.
An eminent educationist, Singh was a distinguished scholar of political science and had written more than 100 books in the subject.
He had also served as the member of Bihar Public Service Commission and Banking Services Recruitment Board.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed profound grief at the death and announced state funeral for the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket