BJP MLC dead
Patna: BJP MLC Virkeshwar Prasad Singh passed away at his residence here early on Thursday, his family sources said.
He was 80.
Singh is survived by his wife and seven daughters.
He represented Koshi graduates constituency in the state legislative council for two terms and was set to retire in May this year upon completion of his second term.
An eminent educationist, Singh was a distinguished scholar of political science and had written more than 100 books in the subject.
He had also served as the member of Bihar Public Service Commission and Banking Services Recruitment Board.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed profound grief at the death and announced state funeral for the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it