BJP MLC dead
Patna: BJP MLC Virkeshwar Prasad Singh passed away at his residence here early on Thursday, his family sources said.
He was 80.
Singh is survived by his wife and seven daughters.
He represented Koshi graduates constituency in the state legislative council for two terms and was set to retire in May this year upon completion of his second term.
An eminent educationist, Singh was a distinguished scholar of political science and had written more than 100 books in the subject.
He had also served as the member of Bihar Public Service Commission and Banking Services Recruitment Board.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed profound grief at the death and announced state funeral for the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player