‘BJP MP`s scorn at Bihar govt has embarrassed party’
Patna: BJP on Tuesday said that it was embarrassed by the party MP Uday Singh`s scorn at the NDA government in Bihar in which the saffron party was a partner.
"The MP`s conduct has embarrassed us definitely," state BJP President CP Thakur told PTI.
Singh should haved explored other avenues to seek redressal of his grievances about lack of development in his constituency with the party leadership or the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar before going public against the state government, he said.
"I am not aware that the MP raised before the party leadership or the chief minister the issue of lack of development in his parliamentary constituency - Purnia," Thakur said.
Singh did not even seek sanction of the party for organizing public meeting on the issue and the party was caught unaware about the fact that the latter was going to speak against the state government and some of his own party leaders, he said.
On whether the BJP will crack whips against the MP, Thakur said that it was for the central leadership to decide.
Singh had criticised at his `Vedana` (Anguish) rally in Purnia on September 30 last that the chief minister and his deputy were surrounded by sychopants and unable to see simmering discontent against the government among the masses.
He had also questioned the claims of the two allies about development in the state during the NDA rule and said no worthwhile development had taken place in the past seven years.
Singh had also alleged that his supporters were prevented from attending the rally at the behest of the power that be in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL