‘BJP MP`s scorn at Bihar govt has embarrassed party’
Patna: BJP on Tuesday said that it was embarrassed by the party MP Uday Singh`s scorn at the NDA government in Bihar in which the saffron party was a partner.
"The MP`s conduct has embarrassed us definitely," state BJP President CP Thakur told PTI.
Singh should haved explored other avenues to seek redressal of his grievances about lack of development in his constituency with the party leadership or the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar before going public against the state government, he said.
"I am not aware that the MP raised before the party leadership or the chief minister the issue of lack of development in his parliamentary constituency - Purnia," Thakur said.
Singh did not even seek sanction of the party for organizing public meeting on the issue and the party was caught unaware about the fact that the latter was going to speak against the state government and some of his own party leaders, he said.
On whether the BJP will crack whips against the MP, Thakur said that it was for the central leadership to decide.
Singh had criticised at his `Vedana` (Anguish) rally in Purnia on September 30 last that the chief minister and his deputy were surrounded by sychopants and unable to see simmering discontent against the government among the masses.
He had also questioned the claims of the two allies about development in the state during the NDA rule and said no worthwhile development had taken place in the past seven years.
Singh had also alleged that his supporters were prevented from attending the rally at the behest of the power that be in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional