‘BJP MP`s scorn at Bihar govt has embarrassed party’
Patna: BJP on Tuesday said that it was embarrassed by the party MP Uday Singh`s scorn at the NDA government in Bihar in which the saffron party was a partner.
"The MP`s conduct has embarrassed us definitely," state BJP President CP Thakur told PTI.
Singh should haved explored other avenues to seek redressal of his grievances about lack of development in his constituency with the party leadership or the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar before going public against the state government, he said.
"I am not aware that the MP raised before the party leadership or the chief minister the issue of lack of development in his parliamentary constituency - Purnia," Thakur said.
Singh did not even seek sanction of the party for organizing public meeting on the issue and the party was caught unaware about the fact that the latter was going to speak against the state government and some of his own party leaders, he said.
On whether the BJP will crack whips against the MP, Thakur said that it was for the central leadership to decide.
Singh had criticised at his `Vedana` (Anguish) rally in Purnia on September 30 last that the chief minister and his deputy were surrounded by sychopants and unable to see simmering discontent against the government among the masses.
He had also questioned the claims of the two allies about development in the state during the NDA rule and said no worthwhile development had taken place in the past seven years.
Singh had also alleged that his supporters were prevented from attending the rally at the behest of the power that be in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?