‘BJP MP`s scorn at Bihar govt has embarrassed party’
Patna: BJP on Tuesday said that it was embarrassed by the party MP Uday Singh`s scorn at the NDA government in Bihar in which the saffron party was a partner.
"The MP`s conduct has embarrassed us definitely," state BJP President CP Thakur told PTI.
Singh should haved explored other avenues to seek redressal of his grievances about lack of development in his constituency with the party leadership or the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar before going public against the state government, he said.
"I am not aware that the MP raised before the party leadership or the chief minister the issue of lack of development in his parliamentary constituency - Purnia," Thakur said.
Singh did not even seek sanction of the party for organizing public meeting on the issue and the party was caught unaware about the fact that the latter was going to speak against the state government and some of his own party leaders, he said.
On whether the BJP will crack whips against the MP, Thakur said that it was for the central leadership to decide.
Singh had criticised at his `Vedana` (Anguish) rally in Purnia on September 30 last that the chief minister and his deputy were surrounded by sychopants and unable to see simmering discontent against the government among the masses.
He had also questioned the claims of the two allies about development in the state during the NDA rule and said no worthwhile development had taken place in the past seven years.
Singh had also alleged that his supporters were prevented from attending the rally at the behest of the power that be in Bihar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark