BJP non-committal on Modi campaigning in Bihar
Bangalore: BJP on Saturday was non-committal on the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi campaigning in Bihar elections, indicating that it would take a call when
the polls are near.
"Why are you so keen about campaign details? That will be known to you at an appropriate time. We are now in the process of selection of candidates," senior party leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters when asked about it.
He maintained that campaign issues would be taken up "when the question of elections comes". "(The) party will decide who will campaign".
"Who is there, who is there not, that will be seen and known," Naidu said.
Favouring continuation of the "old arrangement" during the Bihar Assembly polls, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has left it to the BJP to decide whether Modi will campaign for the party during elections.
"BJP has to solve this. We are in favour of the old arrangement," Kumar had said referring to JD(U) objecting to Modi`s presence during the Lok Sabha poll campaign last year.
Kumar had indicated that the BJP would concede the demand of JD(U) to keep Modi away from Bihar.
Naidu also sought to make light of the tours of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in different parts of the country to strengthen the party and said the Congress would suffer the
"biggest setback" in the Bihar polls.
Blaming Congress for the situation in Kashmir, he said, "proper action was not taken at an appropriate time. They allowed things to go to this level."
He said BJP was keen to see that normalcy returned in the Valley.
On the Ayodhya issue, he said BJP`s stand was clear. "people of the country want a grand Ram temple at the birthplace of Ram. But the issue is in the court. The court is giving its final verdict (on September 24)".
Naidu said the party would give its reaction only after the verdict was out. "Building of Ram temple there is the wish of the people of this country and it`s also our wish."
Asked if BJP would accept the verdict, he said the verdict "is equal" for everybody and binding on all. "Everybody has to accept," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow