BJP noncommittal on voting in Bihar RS poll
Patna: Bihar BJP was on Monday noncommittal on whether its 87 MLAs would vote in the coming by-poll to three Rajya Sabha seats in the state.
"We will formulate our strategy in due course of time," senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi told reporters.
Refusing to reveal his party`s stand vis-a-vis the contest between JD(U)`s official and independent candidates on two RS seats from Bihar, he said that the `entire picture will become clear after the date of withdrawal of nomination on June 12.
There are no contestants against Yadav.
JD(U) nominees Pawan Verma and Gulam Rassol Balyawi, besides Yadav and independent candidates Anil Sharma, Sabir Ali and Dilip Jaiswal are in the fray for the three RS seats.
Modi also expressed ignorance about his party member Jaiswal filing nomination for the second RS seat with Anil Sharma and said BJP will find out under what circumstances he filed his papers.
Bihar BJP had earlier taken a stand that it will not put up candidates in the three RS seats which fell vacant after election of Rajiv Pratap Rudy (BJP), Ramkripal Yadav (RJD) and Ramvilas Paswan (LJP) to the Lok Sabha in the recent general elections.
Meanwhile, the three independent candidates reportedly met Modi at his official residence before filing their nominations to seek BJP`s support, a development that neither Modi or any top Bihar BJP leader confirmed.
All three independent candidates were seen travelling in an SUV, entering Modi`s residence and holding closed-door meeting with him for about 15 minutes before coming out in the same vehicle. They ducked the camera persons of various news channels and went to the state assembly where they later filed their nomination papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview