BJP scared over probable JD(U)-RJD tie up: Nitish
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar on Thursday took a dig at BJP saying it was `gripped with fear` over a probable tie-up between his party and Lalu Prasad`s RJD even though no decision had been taken yet.
"No talks on alliance between JD(U) and RJD has taken place so far. But, the BJP is gripped with fear hearing possibility of it," Kumar told reporters.
The former Bihar chief minister had recently expressed favour for a grand alliance between the JD(U), RJD, Congress and Left against BJP in next year`s state Assembly elections.
He had said though no formal talks have begun in this regard, his party holds a `positive` approach for such a move.
Incidentally, RJD along with Congress and CPI voted for Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi during the confidence motion.
And recently, the three bailed out JD(U) in the bypoll for the two Rajya Sabha seats which had threatened the survival of Manjhi government after BJP-backed Independents propped by JD(U) 18 dissidents.
BJP has been criticising the state government for its closeness with the RJD alleging that it has resulted in the deterioration of law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter