BJP scared over probable JD(U)-RJD tie up: Nitish
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar on Thursday took a dig at BJP saying it was `gripped with fear` over a probable tie-up between his party and Lalu Prasad`s RJD even though no decision had been taken yet.
"No talks on alliance between JD(U) and RJD has taken place so far. But, the BJP is gripped with fear hearing possibility of it," Kumar told reporters.
The former Bihar chief minister had recently expressed favour for a grand alliance between the JD(U), RJD, Congress and Left against BJP in next year`s state Assembly elections.
He had said though no formal talks have begun in this regard, his party holds a `positive` approach for such a move.
Incidentally, RJD along with Congress and CPI voted for Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi during the confidence motion.
And recently, the three bailed out JD(U) in the bypoll for the two Rajya Sabha seats which had threatened the survival of Manjhi government after BJP-backed Independents propped by JD(U) 18 dissidents.
BJP has been criticising the state government for its closeness with the RJD alleging that it has resulted in the deterioration of law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!