BJP seeks `peaceful divorce`; JD(U) to take decision on Sunday
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: The rift in Bihar`s ruling alliance sharpened on Saturday with the BJP telling Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to quit and order fresh polls if he decided to break the partnership, while the JD-U continued to attack Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and said the split was a "mere formality".
Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar met here on Saturday night, after which a meeting of party MPs, legislators and other office-bearers has been called for noon tomorrow and the party`s decision on fate of NDA would be announced at 3 pm.
Emerging from the meeting with Kumar held the latter`s official residence, Yadav told reporters that the meeting has been called at the CM`s residence tomorrow at 12:30 pm to discuss the political decision.
"The decision of the party would be made public at press conference at 3 pm," he said.
Yadav said he had talks with many ministers and other office-bearers of the party tonight after talking to the CM separately.
Yadav met Kumar immediately on his arrival here from New Delhi this evening.
In tomorrow`s meeting, leader of the party in Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, state ministers, state party president and senior office bearers and legislators have been called to discuss the future political step, JD(U) President, who landed here tonight from New Delhi, said.
After the one-on-one meeting with Kumar, senior ministers like Bijendra Yadav, Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, PK Shahi, Shyam Rajak, Bihar JD(U) president Bashist Narayan Singh, party chief whip in Assembly Shrawan Kumar and Rajya Sabha member and a confidante of Kumar RCP Singh were called at the CM`s residence to plan out things tomorrow, party sources said.
Earlier, in the morning the CM had a meeting with core committee at his residence. The meeting was participated in by state JD(U) chief Bashist Narayan Singh, ministers Vijay Chaudhary, PK Shahi, Rajya Sabha member and a confidante of the CM RCP Singh among others.
Though a decision on fate of NDA is awaited, sources said the "divorce" between JD(U) and BJP is certain and only a decision has to be made public.
BJP also seems to have accepted the fate of living without JD(U).
Signalling that all love has been lost between them, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and Nandkishore Yadav, minister and state NDA Convenor turned down invitation by the CM for a meeting this morning to talk on alliance.
Yadav later said that he told the CM that since he is raising issue of Prime Ministerial candidate of BJP, they are not authorised to talk on these issues which fall in the domain of national leaders who are already discussing these things with him and Sharad Yadav.
Meanwhile, BJP vice president CP Thakur said BJP ministers would hand over their resignations tomorrow after JD(U) makes an announcement of split in NDA.
Thakur also requested JD(U) leaders to enact `divorce` peacefully.
"We have lived together for 17 long years so it will be better if divorce takes place peacefully," Thakur said making a request to JD(U) leaders to stop issuing "hard-hitting" statements against BJP leaders.
The day also saw RJD president Lalu Prasad making a scathing attack on Nitish Kumar accusing him of being an "opportunist" and said his opposition to Narendra Modi was just a "charade" to corner votes of Muslims.
He questioned Kumar`s secular credentials saying why did not he resign from NDA in 2002 after Gujarat riots as Ramvilas Paswan did?
Prasad said Kumar had hosted RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat at One Anne Marg.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly