BJP suspends two dissident MLAs
Patna: Taking stern action against dissident activities within the party, the Bihar BJP on Thursday suspended two party MLAs - Awanish Kumar Singh and Rana Gangeshwar Singh - for their alleged anti-party activities.
"We have suspended our two MLAs Awanish Kumar Singh and Rana Gangeshwar Singh with immediate effect for their anti-party activities," state BJP president Mangal Pandey told a news agency.
The two BJP MLAs were found to be indulging in anti-party activities going by their statements in the media that went against the grain of our ideology and guideline for conduct of the leaders and workers, he said.
Taking note of the two BJP MLAs` sustained anti-party activities over a long period, the party leadership was left with no other option, but to suspend them from the party, Pandey said.
Amid reports that some other BJP legislators too have been behaving in identical manner and cosying up with the JD(U), the state BJP president said the activities of all party workers are under constant scanner and stringent action would be taken against anyone indulging in anti-party activities.
Awanish Kumar Singh represents Chiraiya Assembly constituency in East Champaran district, while Rana Gangeshwar Singh represents Mohiuddinagar Assembly seat in Samastipur district.
The two BJP MLAs have been openly attacking the party and its leadership on one issue or other ever since Chief Minister Nitish Kumar parted ways with the NDA to protest his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi`s elevation in the BJP in June last year.
The two dissident BJP legislators met Kumar on many occasions in the past seven months and had showered praise about his leadership and supported his candidature for the post of the Prime Minister.
They had also dared the BJP leadership to take disciplinary action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!