BJP suspends two dissident MLAs
Patna: Taking stern action against dissident activities within the party, the Bihar BJP on Thursday suspended two party MLAs - Awanish Kumar Singh and Rana Gangeshwar Singh - for their alleged anti-party activities.
"We have suspended our two MLAs Awanish Kumar Singh and Rana Gangeshwar Singh with immediate effect for their anti-party activities," state BJP president Mangal Pandey told a news agency.
The two BJP MLAs were found to be indulging in anti-party activities going by their statements in the media that went against the grain of our ideology and guideline for conduct of the leaders and workers, he said.
Taking note of the two BJP MLAs` sustained anti-party activities over a long period, the party leadership was left with no other option, but to suspend them from the party, Pandey said.
Amid reports that some other BJP legislators too have been behaving in identical manner and cosying up with the JD(U), the state BJP president said the activities of all party workers are under constant scanner and stringent action would be taken against anyone indulging in anti-party activities.
Awanish Kumar Singh represents Chiraiya Assembly constituency in East Champaran district, while Rana Gangeshwar Singh represents Mohiuddinagar Assembly seat in Samastipur district.
The two BJP MLAs have been openly attacking the party and its leadership on one issue or other ever since Chief Minister Nitish Kumar parted ways with the NDA to protest his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi`s elevation in the BJP in June last year.
The two dissident BJP legislators met Kumar on many occasions in the past seven months and had showered praise about his leadership and supported his candidature for the post of the Prime Minister.
They had also dared the BJP leadership to take disciplinary action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state