BJP to abide by Laxman Rekha of coalition dharma: Sushil Modi
Patna: Seeking to soothe frayed nerves of the two NDA partners, BJP leader and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said the party will abide by `Laxman Rekha` of coalition dharma and not poach JD(U) members.
"It is a principle of the coalition dharma that a party does not poach members of its ally...The alliance partners should ensure that such a Laxman Rekha should never be crossed," he told reporters on the sidelines of his Janata durbar.
"BJP is committed to abide by principles of coalition dharma and will not cross the Laxman Rekha by poaching members of its alliance partner (JD-U)," he said.
Modi`s comments were apparently aimed at downplaying those by the state unit BJP chief C P Thakur, who had recently claimed that several JD(U) leaders were in touch with his party and wanted to join it.
He said Thakur had made the remarks apparently with an intention to remind the two parties to abide by the principles of the coalition dharma.
On ex-BJP MLC Sanjay Jha joining JD(U) recently, Modi said it was an exceptional case. Jha had communicated his decision to BJP and its leaders, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH