BJP to abide by Laxman Rekha of coalition dharma: Sushil Modi
Patna: Seeking to soothe frayed nerves of the two NDA partners, BJP leader and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said the party will abide by `Laxman Rekha` of coalition dharma and not poach JD(U) members.
"It is a principle of the coalition dharma that a party does not poach members of its ally...The alliance partners should ensure that such a Laxman Rekha should never be crossed," he told reporters on the sidelines of his Janata durbar.
"BJP is committed to abide by principles of coalition dharma and will not cross the Laxman Rekha by poaching members of its alliance partner (JD-U)," he said.
Modi`s comments were apparently aimed at downplaying those by the state unit BJP chief C P Thakur, who had recently claimed that several JD(U) leaders were in touch with his party and wanted to join it.
He said Thakur had made the remarks apparently with an intention to remind the two parties to abide by the principles of the coalition dharma.
On ex-BJP MLC Sanjay Jha joining JD(U) recently, Modi said it was an exceptional case. Jha had communicated his decision to BJP and its leaders, he said.
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!