BJP to raise special status demand for Bihar in parliament
Patna: BJP MPs will mount pressure on the
centre to grant special status to Bihar, party`s national
spokesman Syed Shahanwaz Hussain said on Saturday.
"I and NDA convener Sharad Yadav have been raising the
special status demand for Bihar in Parliament for the past
many years, but have not achieved the desired results," BJP
Hussain told reporters here.
However, if the Centre did not concede the `rightful`
demand of the people of Bihar, "we may launch a full-throttled
noise on the issue in the Parliament as we have been pursuing
issues like corruption, black money and price rise," he said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been ranting over the
special status for Bihar ever since the NDA was elected to
power in the state in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Euro 2016, Round of 16: Wales vs Northern Ireland - Preview
- Companies with UK exposure take a big knock as Brexit stumps markets
- Dutch far-right MP Wilders calls for referendum on EU
- Is the office 'cake culture' putting your health in danger?
- Gold price soars over Rs 2,000 per 10 grams as investors seek haven following Brexit