BJP to raise special status demand for Bihar in parliament
Patna: BJP MPs will mount pressure on the
centre to grant special status to Bihar, party`s national
spokesman Syed Shahanwaz Hussain said on Saturday.
"I and NDA convener Sharad Yadav have been raising the
special status demand for Bihar in Parliament for the past
many years, but have not achieved the desired results," BJP
Hussain told reporters here.
However, if the Centre did not concede the `rightful`
demand of the people of Bihar, "we may launch a full-throttled
noise on the issue in the Parliament as we have been pursuing
issues like corruption, black money and price rise," he said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been ranting over the
special status for Bihar ever since the NDA was elected to
power in the state in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!