BJP to raise special status demand for Bihar in parliament
Patna: BJP MPs will mount pressure on the
centre to grant special status to Bihar, party`s national
spokesman Syed Shahanwaz Hussain said on Saturday.
"I and NDA convener Sharad Yadav have been raising the
special status demand for Bihar in Parliament for the past
many years, but have not achieved the desired results," BJP
Hussain told reporters here.
However, if the Centre did not concede the `rightful`
demand of the people of Bihar, "we may launch a full-throttled
noise on the issue in the Parliament as we have been pursuing
issues like corruption, black money and price rise," he said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been ranting over the
special status for Bihar ever since the NDA was elected to
power in the state in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?