BJP to raise special status demand for Bihar in parliament
Patna: BJP MPs will mount pressure on the
centre to grant special status to Bihar, party`s national
spokesman Syed Shahanwaz Hussain said on Saturday.
"I and NDA convener Sharad Yadav have been raising the
special status demand for Bihar in Parliament for the past
many years, but have not achieved the desired results," BJP
Hussain told reporters here.
However, if the Centre did not concede the `rightful`
demand of the people of Bihar, "we may launch a full-throttled
noise on the issue in the Parliament as we have been pursuing
issues like corruption, black money and price rise," he said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been ranting over the
special status for Bihar ever since the NDA was elected to
power in the state in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi