BJP to send Modi invite for `Hunkar` rally next year
Patna: The Bihar unit of BJP has decided to invite the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi along with other Chief Ministers of the saffron party-ruled states to attend the Hunkar` rally it is going to hold next year, a senior party leader said on Friday.
"We will definitely send an invite to Modi to attend the `Hunkar` rally at the historic Gandhi Maidan in Patna on April 15 next," the state unit BJP president CP Thakur told reporters here.
Besides Modi, the Chief Ministers of other BJP-ruled states will also be sent such invites for the rally, he said.
Apparently aware that the invitation to the Gujarat Chief Minister may become a headline event and rub its senior ally up the wrong way, Thakur said that nothing much should be read into it as it was the usual practice to invite top leaders to attend a major function of the party anywhere in the country.
On whether he would impress upon the Gujarat Chief Minister to attend the rally at Patna, the state unit BJP chief said that the invitation will be sent to Modi as also other BJP chief ministers, but it will be upto them to spare time for the event, he said.
The BJP has proposed to organize `Hunkar rally` as a matcher to the JD(U)`s `Adhikar rally` being held at the same venue on November 4 in which the latter has kept out its junior ally in the state.
The BJP will raise issues like discrimination against Bihar, grant of special assistance and special status among others, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you