BJP trying to placate Bihar unit chief
New Delhi: With in hours of Bihar unit head C
P Thakur resigning from the party over allotment of seat, BJP
President Nitin Gadkari on Friday got into damage control mode and
tried to placate him to change his decision.
Thakur resigned from his post earlier in the day
apparently peeved at the party leadership for alloting the
Digha seat to ally JD(U). Thakur wanted to field his son Vivek
from the seat in Patna district which has been the stronghold
of the party for several years.
"Our party president is holding talks with C P Thakur.
He has been a dedicated member of BJP for a long time... Talks
are on and a solution will be found," senior BJP leader M M
Thakur was not happy with the distribution of party
tickets for the forthcoming assembly elections in Bihar as he
had little say in the matter, party sources said.
Most candidates chosen by the BJP are from the camp of
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi, who is considered very
close to JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
BJP has even fielded some JD(U) leaders as its candidates
in some constituencies under pressure from its ally, the
However, BJP leaders expressed confidence that Thakur
will take back his resignation.
"The chances of NDA coming back to power in Bihar appear
very bright. So after weighing his options, Thakur is likely
to stay back as keeping away from the ruling coalition is of
little use," a party leader said.
BJP sources said Vivek is likely to be offered a MLC seat
and may even be promised a ministerial berth if NDA comes to
JD(U) has given the ticket to Poonam Devi from Digha.
Vivek was also denied a ticket from Bankipur- which was
reportedly his second choice- as sitting MLA Nitin Naveen was
chosen over him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof