BJP trying to placate Bihar unit chief
New Delhi: With in hours of Bihar unit head C
P Thakur resigning from the party over allotment of seat, BJP
President Nitin Gadkari on Friday got into damage control mode and
tried to placate him to change his decision.
Thakur resigned from his post earlier in the day
apparently peeved at the party leadership for alloting the
Digha seat to ally JD(U). Thakur wanted to field his son Vivek
from the seat in Patna district which has been the stronghold
of the party for several years.
"Our party president is holding talks with C P Thakur.
He has been a dedicated member of BJP for a long time... Talks
are on and a solution will be found," senior BJP leader M M
Thakur was not happy with the distribution of party
tickets for the forthcoming assembly elections in Bihar as he
had little say in the matter, party sources said.
Most candidates chosen by the BJP are from the camp of
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi, who is considered very
close to JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
BJP has even fielded some JD(U) leaders as its candidates
in some constituencies under pressure from its ally, the
However, BJP leaders expressed confidence that Thakur
will take back his resignation.
"The chances of NDA coming back to power in Bihar appear
very bright. So after weighing his options, Thakur is likely
to stay back as keeping away from the ruling coalition is of
little use," a party leader said.
BJP sources said Vivek is likely to be offered a MLC seat
and may even be promised a ministerial berth if NDA comes to
JD(U) has given the ticket to Poonam Devi from Digha.
Vivek was also denied a ticket from Bankipur- which was
reportedly his second choice- as sitting MLA Nitin Naveen was
chosen over him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly