BJP trying to placate Bihar unit chief
New Delhi: With in hours of Bihar unit head C
P Thakur resigning from the party over allotment of seat, BJP
President Nitin Gadkari on Friday got into damage control mode and
tried to placate him to change his decision.
Thakur resigned from his post earlier in the day
apparently peeved at the party leadership for alloting the
Digha seat to ally JD(U). Thakur wanted to field his son Vivek
from the seat in Patna district which has been the stronghold
of the party for several years.
"Our party president is holding talks with C P Thakur.
He has been a dedicated member of BJP for a long time... Talks
are on and a solution will be found," senior BJP leader M M
Thakur was not happy with the distribution of party
tickets for the forthcoming assembly elections in Bihar as he
had little say in the matter, party sources said.
Most candidates chosen by the BJP are from the camp of
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi, who is considered very
close to JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
BJP has even fielded some JD(U) leaders as its candidates
in some constituencies under pressure from its ally, the
However, BJP leaders expressed confidence that Thakur
will take back his resignation.
"The chances of NDA coming back to power in Bihar appear
very bright. So after weighing his options, Thakur is likely
to stay back as keeping away from the ruling coalition is of
little use," a party leader said.
BJP sources said Vivek is likely to be offered a MLC seat
and may even be promised a ministerial berth if NDA comes to
JD(U) has given the ticket to Poonam Devi from Digha.
Vivek was also denied a ticket from Bankipur- which was
reportedly his second choice- as sitting MLA Nitin Naveen was
chosen over him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’