BJP workers in Bihar celebrate Modi`s anointment as CCC
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s anointment as BJP`s election campaign committee chairman on Sunday spurred celebrations among party workers who burst fire crackers and distributed sweets here.
Anticipating Modi`s elevation, a large number of BJP leaders and workers gathered at the state unit office and broke into celebrations immediately after party chief Rajnath Singh made the announcement on the concluding day of the three-day national executive meet in Goa.
Led by BJP MLA Nitin Naveen and other leaders, party workers also raised slogans demanding Modi be declared as the prime ministerial candidate for the next General elections.
An ardent Modi supporter, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh thanked Rajnath Singh "for heeding to the sentiments of millions of party workers."
He also urged ally JD(U) to shed its anti-Modi position and back him as prime ministerial candidate in ousting the Congress-led UPA from power in the next parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!