BJP workers in Bihar celebrate Modi`s anointment as CCC
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s anointment as BJP`s election campaign committee chairman on Sunday spurred celebrations among party workers who burst fire crackers and distributed sweets here.
Anticipating Modi`s elevation, a large number of BJP leaders and workers gathered at the state unit office and broke into celebrations immediately after party chief Rajnath Singh made the announcement on the concluding day of the three-day national executive meet in Goa.
Led by BJP MLA Nitin Naveen and other leaders, party workers also raised slogans demanding Modi be declared as the prime ministerial candidate for the next General elections.
An ardent Modi supporter, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh thanked Rajnath Singh "for heeding to the sentiments of millions of party workers."
He also urged ally JD(U) to shed its anti-Modi position and back him as prime ministerial candidate in ousting the Congress-led UPA from power in the next parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!