BJP`s Kiran Keshari files nomination from Purnia seat
Purnia: BJP candidate Kiran Keshari Monday filed nomination for poll-bound Purnia assembly seat in Bihar.
The Purnia assembly seat fell vacant after the
death of sitting BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari on January 4 last
after he was stabbed by a woman, Rupam Pathak, at the former`s
residence in Purnia town.
The BJP had given ticket to the former MLA`s wife
yesterday to contest the bypoll for Purnia assembly seat to be
held on June 25 next.
The BJP candidate submitted nomination papers to the
Sadar Sub-divisional officer (SDO)-cum-returning officer (RO)
Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar, Art and
Culture Minister Sukhda Pandey and former state unit BJP
President Radha Mohan Singh were present at the SDO office at
the time of nomination filing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash