BJP`s Kiran Keshari files nomination from Purnia seat
Purnia: BJP candidate Kiran Keshari Monday filed nomination for poll-bound Purnia assembly seat in Bihar.
The Purnia assembly seat fell vacant after the
death of sitting BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari on January 4 last
after he was stabbed by a woman, Rupam Pathak, at the former`s
residence in Purnia town.
The BJP had given ticket to the former MLA`s wife
yesterday to contest the bypoll for Purnia assembly seat to be
held on June 25 next.
The BJP candidate submitted nomination papers to the
Sadar Sub-divisional officer (SDO)-cum-returning officer (RO)
Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar, Art and
Culture Minister Sukhda Pandey and former state unit BJP
President Radha Mohan Singh were present at the SDO office at
the time of nomination filing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO