BJP`s Kiran Keshari files nomination from Purnia seat
Purnia: BJP candidate Kiran Keshari Monday filed nomination for poll-bound Purnia assembly seat in Bihar.
The Purnia assembly seat fell vacant after the
death of sitting BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari on January 4 last
after he was stabbed by a woman, Rupam Pathak, at the former`s
residence in Purnia town.
The BJP had given ticket to the former MLA`s wife
yesterday to contest the bypoll for Purnia assembly seat to be
held on June 25 next.
The BJP candidate submitted nomination papers to the
Sadar Sub-divisional officer (SDO)-cum-returning officer (RO)
Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar, Art and
Culture Minister Sukhda Pandey and former state unit BJP
President Radha Mohan Singh were present at the SDO office at
the time of nomination filing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years