BJP`s super rich in Rajya Sabha polls in Bihar
Patna: RK Sinha, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nominee for the elections to the Rajya Sabha from Bihar, has declared his and his wife`s assets worth around Rs 800 crore.
Sinha runs SIS (Security and Intelligence Services India Ltd.), one of the biggest private security agencies in the country. He has assets worth Rs 564 crore and his wife assets` are Rs 230 crore, say his nomination papers.
On Monday, he filed nomination papers for the biennial elections to the Rajya Sabha from Bihar to be held Feb 7, officials said.
Senior BJP leader CP Thakur is another nominee of the party for the elections to Rajyasabha. Thakur is a sitting Rajya Sabha member, and also the BJP`s national vice president.
Last week, the party re-nominated Thakur, and named R.K. Sinha - who worked with former party chief Nitin Gadkari in the Delhi assembly polls - as another candidate for the Rajya Sabha which has five seats from the state up for elections this time.
Sinha is also not a new face in the saffron party in the state. His name cropped up a few years ago for the upper house of parliament, but he was not nominated because of caste equations in state politics being then unfavourable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena