BJP`s super rich in Rajya Sabha polls in Bihar
Patna: RK Sinha, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nominee for the elections to the Rajya Sabha from Bihar, has declared his and his wife`s assets worth around Rs 800 crore.
Sinha runs SIS (Security and Intelligence Services India Ltd.), one of the biggest private security agencies in the country. He has assets worth Rs 564 crore and his wife assets` are Rs 230 crore, say his nomination papers.
On Monday, he filed nomination papers for the biennial elections to the Rajya Sabha from Bihar to be held Feb 7, officials said.
Senior BJP leader CP Thakur is another nominee of the party for the elections to Rajyasabha. Thakur is a sitting Rajya Sabha member, and also the BJP`s national vice president.
Last week, the party re-nominated Thakur, and named R.K. Sinha - who worked with former party chief Nitin Gadkari in the Delhi assembly polls - as another candidate for the Rajya Sabha which has five seats from the state up for elections this time.
Sinha is also not a new face in the saffron party in the state. His name cropped up a few years ago for the upper house of parliament, but he was not nominated because of caste equations in state politics being then unfavourable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!