Boat capsizes in Bihar, six dead
Patna: Six persons drowned on Sunday as a
boat carrying about 40 people capsized in river Punpun near
Behrampur village here, police said.
The toll is likely to increase, Superintendent of
Police Chatranil Singh said adding senior civil and department
officials rushed to the spot to supervise rescue works.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed sorrow at
the death of six people and extended his condolences to the
Kumar has also asked the Disaster Management department
and the district administration to intensify rescue and relief
works, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...