Bodh Gaya blasts: BJP, Opposition parties attack Centre, Bihar govt
New Delhi: BJP and other opposition parties on Sunday accused the Centre and the Bihar government of failing to take steps to avert the terror strike at the Mahabodhi temple despite specific warnings of intelligence agencies.
"It is a serious issue that central agencies had warned about this attack and given specific inputs that Bodh Gaya would be attacked and still no proper arrangements were made (by the state government). The central government must also take responsibility to avoid such attacks," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said here.
"The central intelligence agencies had conveyed that in view of whatever was happening in Myanmar, terrorists would attempt something in Bodhgaya temple. Despite that no steps were taken to improve security," he said.
The BJP leader said it was a serious issue that the terrorists have chosen to attack the temple of Buddha who gave the world the message of peace.
"BJP condemns the terror attacks in Bodhgaya. We demand that the Centre and the state governments should take steps so that such incidents should not be repeated," Javadekar said, adding that adequate steps should be taken by the authorities at other Buddhist circuit shrines.
Attacking the Nitish Kumar government, LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan said the blasts reflect the failure of the state government to have acted in time to avert the strike.
"The blasts took place even after alerts were given by the Government of India. The responsibility lies with the Chief Minister and the state and this has damaged Bihar`s image internationally," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply