Bodh Gaya blasts: Hindu priest arrested
Patna: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) probing the serial bomb blasts at Bodh Gaya`s Mahabodhi temple, has arrested a Hindu priest, Arup Brahmachari, police said on Wednesday.
"The NIA team, with the help of the police, arrested Arup Brahmachari who was absconding after the blasts," an officer of the Bodh Gaya police station said.
Brahmachari, hailing from West Bengal and staying at Bodh Gaya, has been lodged in Rampur police station of Gaya town due to security reasons, the officer said.
"The NIA team will interrogate him," he added.
A breakthrough still eludes the NIA, investigating the July 7 blasts in which 10 bombs exploded while three other devices were defused.
The NIA had interrogated several people, including members of the Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee and the temple watch and ward staff.
The NIA also detained at least six people, including Vinod Mistri, a suspect. He was picked up at least three times during the last one month before being released.
Meanwhile, Bihar is set to spend Rs 5 million each month for the deployment of 261 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel at the Mahabodhi temple, officials said.
The CISF has recommended deployment of 261 personnel for security of the temple that will cost the state exchequer Rs 50 lakh monthly towards salaries, pension funds, logistics and accommodation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview