Bodh Gaya blasts: Hindu priest arrested
Patna: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) probing the serial bomb blasts at Bodh Gaya`s Mahabodhi temple, has arrested a Hindu priest, Arup Brahmachari, police said on Wednesday.
"The NIA team, with the help of the police, arrested Arup Brahmachari who was absconding after the blasts," an officer of the Bodh Gaya police station said.
Brahmachari, hailing from West Bengal and staying at Bodh Gaya, has been lodged in Rampur police station of Gaya town due to security reasons, the officer said.
"The NIA team will interrogate him," he added.
A breakthrough still eludes the NIA, investigating the July 7 blasts in which 10 bombs exploded while three other devices were defused.
The NIA had interrogated several people, including members of the Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee and the temple watch and ward staff.
The NIA also detained at least six people, including Vinod Mistri, a suspect. He was picked up at least three times during the last one month before being released.
Meanwhile, Bihar is set to spend Rs 5 million each month for the deployment of 261 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel at the Mahabodhi temple, officials said.
The CISF has recommended deployment of 261 personnel for security of the temple that will cost the state exchequer Rs 50 lakh monthly towards salaries, pension funds, logistics and accommodation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know