Bodh Gaya blasts: Nitish seeks CISF security, to study CCTV footage
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday refuted allegations about his government having ignored intelligence inputs on possible terror attack at Bodh Gaya.
Nitish further said that they would analyse CCTV inputs to see "what dress" the perpetrators wore.
"We examined security earlier too and had made the necessary arrangements. Despite that, these blasts happened. We will modify security here now," he said, as per news reports.
Kumar, however, dismissed suggestions that there was any security lapse and said adequate precautionary measures were taken to beef up security measures at the Mahabodhi temple and surrounding areas in the wake of intelligence inputs.
Seeking deployment of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to protect the world famous Buddhist shrine, the Chief Minister said that the NIA and local police will probe the incident and expose the conspiracy and designs of those behind the attack.
He said it was clear that the serial blasts at the famous Buddhist shrine and surrounding areas were carried out to create fear among the pilgrims and divide society.
A forensic team from Patna has already rushed to the spot to collect evidence and other material proofs related to the attack, Nitish said.
The Bihar government was alerted by the intelligence agencies who had earlier warned the state government about a possible terror strike at the Mahabodhi temple after which the security at the temple was also stepped up.
The IB had alerted the state government about a probable attack on Buddhists in the wake of Mynamar unrest.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami confirmed that the explosions were terror attack. However, no group has so far claimed the responsibility of the attack.
At least nine explosions rocked Bodh Gaya injuring five people but there was no damage to the structure of the Mahabodhi temple. A forensic team and a bomb disposal squad were rushed to the blast site.
The Superintendent of Police of the area said that two live bombs were also recovered at the spot. The blasts reportedly occurred at the interval of two minutes, as the first bomb exploded at around 5.30 am.
Three blasts took place outside Tungey monastery where 17th Karmapa is seated.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has rushed a team to the blast site to monitor the situation.
(With Agencies Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide