Bodh Gaya blasts: Nitish seeks CISF security, to study CCTV footage
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday refuted allegations about his government having ignored intelligence inputs on possible terror attack at Bodh Gaya.
Nitish further said that they would analyse CCTV inputs to see "what dress" the perpetrators wore.
"We examined security earlier too and had made the necessary arrangements. Despite that, these blasts happened. We will modify security here now," he said, as per news reports.
Kumar, however, dismissed suggestions that there was any security lapse and said adequate precautionary measures were taken to beef up security measures at the Mahabodhi temple and surrounding areas in the wake of intelligence inputs.
Seeking deployment of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to protect the world famous Buddhist shrine, the Chief Minister said that the NIA and local police will probe the incident and expose the conspiracy and designs of those behind the attack.
He said it was clear that the serial blasts at the famous Buddhist shrine and surrounding areas were carried out to create fear among the pilgrims and divide society.
A forensic team from Patna has already rushed to the spot to collect evidence and other material proofs related to the attack, Nitish said.
The Bihar government was alerted by the intelligence agencies who had earlier warned the state government about a possible terror strike at the Mahabodhi temple after which the security at the temple was also stepped up.
The IB had alerted the state government about a probable attack on Buddhists in the wake of Mynamar unrest.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami confirmed that the explosions were terror attack. However, no group has so far claimed the responsibility of the attack.
At least nine explosions rocked Bodh Gaya injuring five people but there was no damage to the structure of the Mahabodhi temple. A forensic team and a bomb disposal squad were rushed to the blast site.
The Superintendent of Police of the area said that two live bombs were also recovered at the spot. The blasts reportedly occurred at the interval of two minutes, as the first bomb exploded at around 5.30 am.
Three blasts took place outside Tungey monastery where 17th Karmapa is seated.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has rushed a team to the blast site to monitor the situation.
(With Agencies Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film