Bodh Gaya blasts: Normal life paralysed due to bandh
Gaya: Normal life was severely hit in Bihar`s Gaya district on Monday as BJP and RJD gave separate bandh calls to protest against the state government`s alleged security lapses that led to the terror attack in the temple town.
BJP workers took to the streets from early Monday morning to enforce the dawn-to-dusk bandh forcing shops and business establishments to close down, the sources said.
The temple town of Bodh Gaya was particularly hit by the bandh as roads wore a deserted look and shops and business establishments remained shut since morning, they said.
Observing a separate 12-hour bandh in the entire Magadh division, RJD workers were seen stopping movement of vehicles and forcing shopkeepers to shut down shops in Gaya, Jehanabad and adjoining districts, the sources said.
In Jehanabad, the RJD supporters disrupted train services and raised slogans against the state government for failure to prevent serial blasts in Bodh Gaya town on Sunday.
There was no report of any untoward incident from anywhere due to the bandh called by the RJD and BJP, police sources said.
Nine serial blasts had rocked the Bodh Gaya temple town on Sunday with the world famous Mahabodhi temple facing the brunt of the terror attack as four blasts took place in its premise.
Two monks were injured in the serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan