Bodh Gaya blasts: Normal life paralysed due to bandh
Gaya: Normal life was severely hit in Bihar`s Gaya district on Monday as BJP and RJD gave separate bandh calls to protest against the state government`s alleged security lapses that led to the terror attack in the temple town.
BJP workers took to the streets from early Monday morning to enforce the dawn-to-dusk bandh forcing shops and business establishments to close down, the sources said.
The temple town of Bodh Gaya was particularly hit by the bandh as roads wore a deserted look and shops and business establishments remained shut since morning, they said.
Observing a separate 12-hour bandh in the entire Magadh division, RJD workers were seen stopping movement of vehicles and forcing shopkeepers to shut down shops in Gaya, Jehanabad and adjoining districts, the sources said.
In Jehanabad, the RJD supporters disrupted train services and raised slogans against the state government for failure to prevent serial blasts in Bodh Gaya town on Sunday.
There was no report of any untoward incident from anywhere due to the bandh called by the RJD and BJP, police sources said.
Nine serial blasts had rocked the Bodh Gaya temple town on Sunday with the world famous Mahabodhi temple facing the brunt of the terror attack as four blasts took place in its premise.
Two monks were injured in the serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use