Bodh Gaya blasts: Normal life paralysed due to bandh
Gaya: Normal life was severely hit in Bihar`s Gaya district on Monday as BJP and RJD gave separate bandh calls to protest against the state government`s alleged security lapses that led to the terror attack in the temple town.
BJP workers took to the streets from early Monday morning to enforce the dawn-to-dusk bandh forcing shops and business establishments to close down, the sources said.
The temple town of Bodh Gaya was particularly hit by the bandh as roads wore a deserted look and shops and business establishments remained shut since morning, they said.
Observing a separate 12-hour bandh in the entire Magadh division, RJD workers were seen stopping movement of vehicles and forcing shopkeepers to shut down shops in Gaya, Jehanabad and adjoining districts, the sources said.
In Jehanabad, the RJD supporters disrupted train services and raised slogans against the state government for failure to prevent serial blasts in Bodh Gaya town on Sunday.
There was no report of any untoward incident from anywhere due to the bandh called by the RJD and BJP, police sources said.
Nine serial blasts had rocked the Bodh Gaya temple town on Sunday with the world famous Mahabodhi temple facing the brunt of the terror attack as four blasts took place in its premise.
Two monks were injured in the serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi