Bodh Gaya serial blasts: Monks of 50 nations hold special prayer at Mahabodhi Temple
Zee Media Bureau
Bodh Gaya: A day after serial blasts rocked Bodh Gaya, a special prayer was held at the Mahabodhi Temple on Monday. Buddhist monks from 50 countries held the prayer inside Bodh Gaya temple for return of peace.
Buddhist monks from Sri Lanka, Thailand, Myanmar and other countries participated in the one-hour prayer this evening, Arvind Singh, member of Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) said.
Head of monasteries of different countries also attended the prayer.
Bodh Gaya has Buddhist monasteries of 50 countries.
Ten serial blasts had rocked the Bodh Gaya temple town yesterday with the world famous Mahabodhi Temple facing the brunt of the terror attack as four blasts took place in shrine premises.
As many as 13 bombs were planted inside the temple complex of which ten had exploded injuring two monks, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Monday.
Meanwhile, a person, identified as Binod Kumar of Barachatti in Gaya district has been detained today for interrogation in connection with the serial blasts.
Bihar Director General of Police Abhyanand said Kumar said that the man has been detained on the basis of a voter I card in his name which was found during search inside the temple after the explosions.
He told newsmen that lab tests have so far confirmed the presence of ammonium nitre in the crude low intensity bomb used in the blasts but there were no trace of TNT or other explosive material.
Papers containing the name of the location where it had to be planted was found pasted on each bomb. "The name of the location is written in English and some words in Urdu," he added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family