Bomb explosions in civil court to free dacoit
Hajipur: Armed criminals on Tuesday exploded two bombs inside the civil court premises to free a dacoit, who had been brought to the court for production, police said.
As soon as the police van carrying the prisoners reached the civil court premises, two crude bombs exploded, Superintendent of Police Suresh Chaudhary said.
One live bomb was recovered from the spot, he said.
Taking advantage of the commotion after the explosion, the dacoit Sant Lal Sah started to run but was caught by the police, the SP said.
A woman has been taken into custody in this connection, the SP said.
Later, additional police force was rushed to the civil court and the prisoners were produced before the court, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends