Bomb explosions in civil court to free dacoit
Hajipur: Armed criminals on Tuesday exploded two bombs inside the civil court premises to free a dacoit, who had been brought to the court for production, police said.
As soon as the police van carrying the prisoners reached the civil court premises, two crude bombs exploded, Superintendent of Police Suresh Chaudhary said.
One live bomb was recovered from the spot, he said.
Taking advantage of the commotion after the explosion, the dacoit Sant Lal Sah started to run but was caught by the police, the SP said.
A woman has been taken into custody in this connection, the SP said.
Later, additional police force was rushed to the civil court and the prisoners were produced before the court, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends