Bomb scare in Mahabodhi Express
Patna: Panic gripped passengers of the 12397 Gaya-New Delhi Mahabodhi Express at Gaya railway station in Bihar Friday afternoon following a rumour about a bomb-like object found from a coach, police said.
Some passengers detected a bomb-like object kept in a box made of foam lying in the toilet of S-5 coach and promptly raised an alarm that sent the passengers of the said coach in a tizzy who trooped out in a rush, Inspector General of Police (Railway) Vinay Kumar said.
A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot and found that the box was loaded with fire crackers.
The alarm raised by someone in the train about the bomb scare appeared to be an act of mischief, Kumar said.
The box was removed from the train before it proceeded on its onward journey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez