Bomb scare in Mahabodhi Express
Patna: Panic gripped passengers of the 12397 Gaya-New Delhi Mahabodhi Express at Gaya railway station in Bihar Friday afternoon following a rumour about a bomb-like object found from a coach, police said.
Some passengers detected a bomb-like object kept in a box made of foam lying in the toilet of S-5 coach and promptly raised an alarm that sent the passengers of the said coach in a tizzy who trooped out in a rush, Inspector General of Police (Railway) Vinay Kumar said.
A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot and found that the box was loaded with fire crackers.
The alarm raised by someone in the train about the bomb scare appeared to be an act of mischief, Kumar said.
The box was removed from the train before it proceeded on its onward journey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional