Bomb scare in Mahabodhi Express
Patna: Panic gripped passengers of the 12397 Gaya-New Delhi Mahabodhi Express at Gaya railway station in Bihar on Friday afternoon following a rumour about a bomb-like object found from a coach, police said.
Some passengers detected a bomb-like object kept in a box made of foam lying in the toilet of S-5 coach and promptly raised an alarm that sent the passengers of the said coach in a tizzy who trooped out in a rush, Inspector General of Police (Railway) Vinay Kumar said.
A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot and found that the box was loaded with fire crackers.
The alarm raised by someone in the train about the bomb scare appeared to be an act of mischief, Kumar said.
The box was removed from the train before it proceeded on its onward journey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say