Bomb scare in Mahabodhi Express
Patna: Panic gripped passengers of the 12397 Gaya-New Delhi Mahabodhi Express at Gaya railway station in Bihar on Friday afternoon following a rumour about a bomb-like object found from a coach, police said.
Some passengers detected a bomb-like object kept in a box made of foam lying in the toilet of S-5 coach and promptly raised an alarm that sent the passengers of the said coach in a tizzy who trooped out in a rush, Inspector General of Police (Railway) Vinay Kumar said.
A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot and found that the box was loaded with fire crackers.
The alarm raised by someone in the train about the bomb scare appeared to be an act of mischief, Kumar said.
The box was removed from the train before it proceeded on its onward journey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?