Bomb scare in Mahabodhi Express
Patna: Panic gripped passengers of the 12397 Gaya-New Delhi Mahabodhi Express at Gaya railway station in Bihar on Friday afternoon following a rumour about a bomb-like object found from a coach, police said.
Some passengers detected a bomb-like object kept in a box made of foam lying in the toilet of S-5 coach and promptly raised an alarm that sent the passengers of the said coach in a tizzy who trooped out in a rush, Inspector General of Police (Railway) Vinay Kumar said.
A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot and found that the box was loaded with fire crackers.
The alarm raised by someone in the train about the bomb scare appeared to be an act of mischief, Kumar said.
The box was removed from the train before it proceeded on its onward journey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported