Bombs and explosives found in Bihar
Bhagalpur: In a major haul, 63 country - made bombs and five kilograms of explosives were seized during a raid in Bhagalpur late last night.
Bhagalpur SSP Rajesh Kumar said that the police raid, a part of the security drive conducted before the polls, was conducted following a tip-off that gangster Shambhu Mandal and his associates were hiding at Parvatti mohalla.
"Shambhu and Kanu Mandal managed to flee, but two persons - Dipak Mandal and Tinku Mandal were arrested with the bombs and the explosive material," Kumar said.
The SSP added that the gang used to make bombs and sell them to criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video