Boy declared dead in Bihar, found with lover in Delhi
Patna: The schoolboy, who was assumed
dead triggering large scale violence that claimed two lives in Madhubani district and prompting a `Bihar Bandh` by opposition parties on Monday, was found in New Delhi along with a girl with whom he had eloped.
Director General of Police Abhayanand told newsmen here Prashant Kumar Jha (17) and his girl friend Priti Chaudhary, with whom he had eloped last month were found at Mehrauli police station in New Delhi.
He said Mehrauli police station inspector Jarnail Singh had confirmed over phone to him that the two had been found.
Prashant and Priti had also spoken to him over the police inspector`s mobile phone and confirmed that they hailed from Madhubani district, Abhayanand said.
The Delhi police inspector said the couple were purchasing some goods from a shop at Mehrauli when an elderly person from Bihar identified them on the basis on information in the media and spoke to them to find out their antecedents.
He then phoned the police and a team from Mehrauli police station reached the spot and took the boy and girl to their custody.
Prashant was assumed dead after a body was found in Madhubani last week and Jha`s family members had laid claim to it.
The refusal by police to hand over the body to the family and subsequent dharna by its members had sparked off protests by students and general public. It subsequently escalated to violence and arson forcing the police to open fire in which at least two persons were killed and several others injured.
Opposition parties - RJD, LJP, Congress and Left parties observed a day-long bandh in the state against the police action and alleged deterioration in law and order.
Abhayanad said the boy is a student of Indian Public
School at Madhubani and a native of Arair village, while Priti is the daughter of a former district project officer in the department of education.
He said the two youngsters had spoken to him in detail and narrated to him the entire sequence of events since they eloped on September 7.
The two had told him that after leaving their homes in Madhubani they had moved together from place to place, including Ranchi, Jammu and Darjeeling before taking a train from Muzaffarpur to New Delhi earlier this month.
They also told the DGP that they had sold their mobile phone in Muzaffarpur for Rs 320 when they ran short of money.
The Madhubani police had tracked Prashant`s mobile phone number and the couple`s location was reported from Muzaffarpur, which was confirmed by the mobile phone shopkeeper to whom it was sold.
The DGP said he has asked Madhubani superintendent of police to get in touch with Mehrauli police station and get their photographs for further authentication of their identity.
Abhayanand said Jha and Priti would be produced before a juvenile court by Delhi police and a team of Bihar police will reach there soon to complete various legal formalities to bring the two back.
The DGP said it has now been established that the body
that was found was not that of Prashant but of somebody else.
The boy`s alleged kidnapping and delay by the police to hand over the body to Jha`s family had sparked off a massive protest by the students and general public who had indulged in large scale violence and arson over two days last week in Madhubani in which scores, including policemen, were injured.
The police had fired on the protesters to control the situation killing the two persons.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had ordered a judicial probe into the police firing and recommended a CBI probe into the boy`s kidnapping.
Four officials were also in the wake of the violence.
Today`s bandh by the opposition was the first major protest by opposition parties against the Nitish Kumar government which was re-elected with a thumping majority in 2010.
RJD President Lalu Prasad and his LJP counterpart Ramvilas Paswan were among the nearly 3000 arrested during the bandh which hit rail and road services here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly