Boy drowns, four others missing in boat tragedy in Bihar
Munger: An infant boy drowned and four others went missing as a boat capsized in river Ganga in Bihar`s Munger district on Sunday, official sources said.
Nineteen other passengers swam to safety, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Kundan Kumar said.
The mishap took place near Babua Ghat when the boat carrying 24 flood-affected people from Sitacharan riverine area lost control and capsized in the river apparently after some cattle on board got frightened and moved in wayward manner creating panic among the passengers, Kumar said.
While a one year-old boy, identified as Ajit, drowned, four others, including two women were feared drowned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH